We’re delighted to have you here today. We are looking forward to giving you everything you need for your next tropical adventure. First of all, we would like to introduce our company and tell you some useful information about who we are and what we do.
Our company’s origins trace back to 2004 when Peter Rodríguez-Pontón founded Hamaca Tours, a tour operator that assembled the best tours for travelers to the Ecuadorian coast.
Peter, born in Toronto from Ecuadorian parents, was raised in Guayaquil, Ecuador’s main port. Growing up in the center of the tropics and in a coastal city, there’s no wonder why he grew such a love for this paradise and decided to build a career as a Tropical Expeditioner. Even though he leaves far from Ecuador now, he still remembers how his grandmother used to nestle him in her hammock (or hamaca, in Spanish) to help him fall asleep as one of his most cherished childhood memories.
With Carol Villao, our Chief of Operations, added to our team, Hamaca Tours was dedicated to offering the Ecuadorian coast and the Galapagos as a travel destination for American and Canadian tourists for years. It was in 2018 when we decided to take the next step and expand our company outside Ecuador, adding more Latin American Destinations, starting next summer with Costa Rica and its wonders to our list of paradises. With this in mind, the name Hamaca Tropical Tours was created now offering a broad catalog of tropical vacations all across Latin America. To fully immerse you in these places, we provide with tours combining soft adventure, wellness, cultural and local experiences, and of course a hammock: the icon of a well-deserved tropical rest!
Hamaca Tropical Tours is committed to the conservation of the environment and the local communities we visit. That’s why we partner with companies and operators who share our same values. Some of our partners include:
- Specialized local guides. Tour guides experts on different fields and native to the place, to teach you about the costumes of the community and make you feel like a traveler more than a tourist.
- Naturalists. Biologists, zoologists, conservationists, and environmentalists, between other expert fields, to guide you through our wildlife adventures.
- Reiki Masters. Expert practitioners in alternative medicine that focus not only on your body but in your mind’s well-being.
- Yoga teachers. Certified instructors to guide you through our yoga retreats, teaching you how yo practice this ancestral Indian discipline to unify the mind and body.
- Soft Sports Instructors. Skillful and talented surfers, bikers, divers, and other adventurers to take you in unique and daring recreational activities.
So, here you go! Whatever path you choose for your adventure, we have over 14 years of experience to help you plan your perfect vacation. Whatever your interests are, we’ve got you covered in putting together the trip of a lifetime for you!
Now it’s your turn: Who are you, and what do you envision as the perfect tropical destination?